Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating QVD's

Hi,

I am using the script to create a compact qvd and then use the date field as dimension to build a chart the chart show as in the attached file.

My client wants a dynamic functionality to select the date as either 1st, 2nd , 3rd or 4th of every month. Please suggest a way how this can be achieved.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is your current expression? and just out of curiosity why is 03/02/2016 the first date? It seems all other dates are in order except this one. Is there a specific sorting you are using here?

Not applicable
Author

Hi sunny,

The expressions i am using in just sum(sales), The issue is with the script. And the 03/02/2016 is just a current date that is used. So that we show a comparison of today Vs 4th of every month. We just needed to change the 4th so that user may compare today with either 1st,2nd, or 3rd as well.

marcus_sommer

I think you could simply use day(YourDateField) as DAY within a master-calendar: How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi marcus,

We dont have any calender field in this, Please go through the attached document.

marcus_sommer

You wrote:

My client wants a dynamic functionality to select the date as either 1st, 2nd , 3rd or 4th of every month.

Is this logically different to day(date)? And for many calculations/matchings is the use of a calendar helpful.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Well marcus actually we have a date in the final app but when you will see the script in the attached file we are picking on the qvd of 4th of every month so even if we use date we dont have qvd of that date in the final app. i hope this helps