Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a Calendar based on two inputs?

Dear QlikViewers,

My following question is regarding making a calendar based on two values that make a Date. This is the issue:

The date that I want is generated by two values. MFG_date + due_at. So I can create a listbox with the expression below and it shows the correct Date. (MFG_Date is a Date, due_at is a number. The due_at value is the number of days since MFG_Date.

test1.png

However I want to create a MasterCalendar for this Date. Normally I would simply create the master calendar and link it to the table, but now the date is generated from two tables. So I think I cannot do this. WITHOUT joining all these tables. (which I do not want to do)

My question, is there a way to generate this MasterCalendar for the Date I want. (I know how to generate a Calendar!)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have just joined the mfg_date with the due_at, so that i could calculate the new date in a new defined table. It works. Still curious if there is the way I described above.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Perhaps this could help: Canonical Date

Not applicable
Author

I'm not too sure if a Canonical Date is a solution for this, as this example is basically one date. But in order to construct the date you need to add a certain number to the existing MFG_Date.

Not applicable
Author

Is there a possibility that I can say in my loading script

wo_transfer_dimension:

LOAD

due_at  as  date(due_at + MFG _Date);

Not applicable
Author

I have just joined the mfg_date with the due_at, so that i could calculate the new date in a new defined table. It works. Still curious if there is the way I described above.