Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating start - end calendar date

hey guys,

I have this date field called [Claim Close Date], and I want to create two calendars, one for a start date selection, and one for the end date selection in this field. So, it would be a Calendar where they choose the start date, and another calendar where they choose the end date. In both the field is this [Claim Close Date]. Customer will be able to pick a start and a end of the selections.

How do I do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Similar to attached.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

This should be a good guide http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4247

Not applicable
Author

The link between the "Start date" and "End date" calendars, is through this formula?

Sum({< CalendarDate = {'>=$(=Date(vStartDate))<=$(=Date(vEndDate))'} >} SalesAmount)

???

Do I have to add this set analysis in all my graphics, so it would work choosing in the calendars? I wanted not to have this set analysis added to all my graphics, too much work... or don't i need that?

Not applicable
Author

Added to it, if I choose in a simple box with Year([Claim Close Date]) the values where I used the set analysis doesn't get affected, because the variables did not change, so, either I have everything being used in terms of [Claim Close Date], or, everything in terms of the VStartDate and VEndDate...

Or do I have a way out of this?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Instead of the set analysis, you can use an action to select on your field depending on your two calendar variable, triggered by a button or the calendar variable change.

Not applicable
Author

and how do I do that exactly? O.o

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Similar to attached.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, this one is worthy working with (: