Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dinicholls
Creator II
Creator II

Creation of Direct Discovery Structure?!

Hi All,

I'm wondering if someone could help, or point me in the right direction?

My company has recently changed its debt collection software, and we have been hurled into the 21st century!

Anyway, we are currently in the process of setting up the OLAP cubes to enable us to finally get some 'proper' MI reporting, and not baby sit a bunch of excel files.

To cut a long story short, does anyone know how to set up a direct discovery for a cube? I've been having a nosey through the reference manual, and it does give you some guidance, but nothing about setting up this 'Direct Discovery Structure'. I have the ODBC connection set up to my cube, and I can set it in Qlik, but can't get anything of use out of it.

I've also spent most of this morning searching the files and posts on here, but again, nothing about setting up the structure.

I'm using QlikView v11, 64 bit.

Thanks

Di

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if direct discovery the right method to get your wanted reports then it is aimed to pull only a few values from a databases while the runtime of gui-interactions which are too unpractically/slow to load each time if it will be needed.

Therefore I think you should rather load your data directly from your new system and/or from a cube-extract of them within a 3-tier data-architecture and if needed with incremental approaches:

Advanced topics for creating a qlik datamodel

More advanced topics of qlik datamodels

- Marcus