Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cyclical Dimension. Change Cyclical among two charts

Hello everybody,

I have 2 charts, each one usind the same Cyclical Dimension.

My trouble is, when i´ll choose the dimension on first chart, i need choose too the same dimension on second chart, automatically.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

It is not possible to name expression groups.  You could create a cyclic group with field names for each expression, and use a pick(match()) to select the correct expression.  See attached example.  It doesn't use pick(match()) because the expression in this case doesn't require it, but the code is there in a comment to demonstrate the idea.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

This should be the standard behavior. You add the same group in two charts and when you cycle the dimension it should be updated in all the objects.

If you want to stop this, you need to create the same group with a different name and add it to the objects.

If this is not your case, can you post an application here with your problem?

Regards,

Erich

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you change the dimension of Cyclic group in one chart, then the dimension of cyclic group in second chart will automatically change.  It is by default in qlikview.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

ok, thanks

But how can i use a group as an expression?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Not clear what you required.

But if you want to group the expreesion do the following

In expression tab of Chart properties, Create the expressions and click on the Group button below, this will group      the expressions.

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Ok,

It´s clear for me... but i need to name this expression...

is it possible?

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

It is not possible to name expression groups.  You could create a cyclic group with field names for each expression, and use a pick(match()) to select the correct expression.  See attached example.  It doesn't use pick(match()) because the expression in this case doesn't require it, but the code is there in a comment to demonstrate the idea.

Not applicable
Author

Hello John,

It´s works very well.

Thank you so much

Joao

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

I can't access the qvw, as I'm using personal edition.

Could you please explain the procedure in-detail, to get the requirement.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Pavan.