Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Fetching Issue

Hi all,

I am currently using QV10 SR4 and are now planning to migrate to QV11 at new machine which is a 64 bit machine. (Current machine is 32 bit).

I am facing challenges while fetching data from BAAN erp.

My client have installed ODBC driver for Oracle (64 bit) and have copied tnsnames.ora file from the current machine to the new one.

I have made the DSN and when I connect to database in QV it says "Connection Test Succeded"

but when I fetch tables from the 'Select' button, only few tables are fetched completely others are not at all fetched or are fetched partially.

Driver installed is  : Oracle in OracleClient11g

Error shown is :

Error: QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: SQL##f - SqlState: 22007, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC]Invalid datetime format.

When I tried to comment the date field, table is loaded fully.

Please help me out as it has become a show stopper for migration.

Please find the attached log file.

Thanks

Monika

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI Monika,

Then you should check for the date format in your SQL query.

If possible you can paste the query here, so that we can try to figureout the issue.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for repying.

I am using the autogenerated query that we get when we select a table.

LOAD *;

SQL SELECT *

FROM BAAN.TTDCUS001100;

It throws error.

But if I select a single field all records are fetched.

LOAD 

date(T$INVD,'DD-MMM-YYYY') as  "T$INVD";

SQL SELECT

T$INVD

FROM BAAN.TTDCUS001100

where T$INVD >= '01-JAN-2012';

I have tried fetching all date fields by same method but again 0 rows are  fetched.

May be I am missing something.

Formatting all fields might get us to the result but that won't be a generic solution since we have many tables each with multiple date fields.

suniljain
Master
Master

Can you try by putting all fields in load and in SQL Statement ?. I think it will work.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI Monika,

You can remove the load statement and try loading the data. Something like this.'

SQL SELECT *

FROM BAAN.TTDCUS001100;

This will get you the data.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!