Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Model Linking Problem!!!

I have 4 Facts and 3 dimension table.
I have made a link table to link these fact table.
Now the problem is, I have made link key from 3 fields in first 3 facts. But in the fourth Fact table I have only one field out of these 3 fields, So how should I link my fourth Fact table to the Link Table. Or which approach should I follow in linking my fourth Fact table to the model.

I have linked all my Dimension table to my link table
I am explained in the diagram below:

Linking Problem.png

Please suggest me the best approach for linking my last Fact Table to the model.

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Create a LinkTable at the center of your current model. The LinkTable will match all Full Link Keys to Link keys that only have Dimension 1 values. This way you're matching keys with a high granularity (for example, Order Date values) to corresponding keys with low granularity (for example Budget MonthYear values)

Make sure that the LinkTable contains all key combinations from all connected facts tables. To avoid creating one facts table that filters all the others, move Dimension 1, Dimension 2 and Dimension 3 to the LinkTable as well.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Does the 4th fact table can be joined with the big fact table?

The best way for this case, should be first check how to join or concatenate the facts tables, then add Link Keys.

Zhihong

Not applicable
Author

The central table is Link table. I forgot to name it.
See the changed.

Linking Problem New.png

Now suggest me the best way for linking Data model.

Not applicable
Author

No the 4th fact table cannot be joined to central big fact table as it has dimension key of only one dimension table.
This is the problem. Now how should I link 4th fact table which has only Dim 3 key.

Not applicable
Author

Please somebody solve the model.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In this case, then you must first join the first 3 fact tables  with a link key to get a big fact table, and then link the 4th fact table directly to the big fact table. See the model link as in the attached file.