Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Snapshot from Salesforce.com

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was any way for us to store a snapshot in time from salesforce.  The data in salesforce is constantly rolling and changing.  Opportunities become more or less likely to close, the prices of these opportunities change as we learn more about what the potential and existing clients are looking for, etc. etc. etc.

I have the option of downloading the data to excel, and then uploading it back to qlikview that way, but is seems like this is a hassle, and I just don't feel like it would work well. 

I've already made the connection and am using QVD's that are updated nightly. I'd like to be able to schedule a QVD to run at every month end, quarter end, and year end, and store that data separately, without overwriting the data in the QVD.  So we could essentially compare all open opportunities month to month, Qtr vs Qtr, Yr vs Yr.

Any thoughts on this?

5 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

u can use incremental aggregation concept here,and maintain all ur data in qvds.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shiva,

I've heard of (but not yet had a case to implement, as we're not pulling in a ton of data yet) Incremental Loads, but I have not heard of incremental aggregation.   Can you provide any resources or examples for me to investigate?

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

PFA,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shiva,

Can you explain what PFA from your last comment means?

Also - are you suggesting that I go the route of doing QVD monthly stacking?  I might have to look into this, but I'm not certain how it will work for my needs at the moment.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

PFA = "Please Find Attached"