Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

diwaskarki
Contributor

Data being brought in as 0 or -1

Hi,

I am doing a length comparison, and trying to bring different fields based on different conditions.

"String4" sometimes holds a date: "Wed,Feb 17 10:35:45 CST 2016" and sometimes a request ID: "DEZ21476208303201".

Im trying to bring the date held in "ATTRIBUTES", which is an xml, when string4 > 14 and when string4<14, I want to bring string4 as Completed_Date.

This is what my script looks like:

If(INSTANCE='Auto Fire Role Access Request', STRING3='Complete' AND len(STRING4)<14,TextBetween(ATTRIBUTES, '<entry key="Completed On" value="','"')),
If(INSTANCE='Auto Fire Role Access Request', STRING3='Complete' AND len(STRING4)>14, STRING4) As Complete_Date,

This is what "ATTRIBUTES" field look like:

<Attributes>

<Map>

<entry key="Business Case" value="test group created for some qlikview testing work"/>

<entry key="Create New Group" value="DK_B2E_QLIKVIEWTEST"/>

<entry key="Platform/Environment" value="Existing / LDAP - B2E Test"/>

<entry key="Request Type" value="Create Single Group"/>

<entry key="Requested By" value="Diwas Karki (E1R1)"/>

<entry key="Requested On" value="Wed, Nov 1 17:06:58 CDT 2017"/>

</Map>

</Attributes>

Complete_Date is bringing in 0 or -1. Data should look like Wed,Feb 17 10:35:45 CST 2016. I would really appreciate any help.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
diwaskarki
Contributor

Re: Data being brought in as 0 or -1

If(INSTANCE='Auto Fire Role Access Request' AND STRING3='Complete' AND len(STRING4)<18,TextBetween(ATTRIBUTES, '<entry key="Completed On" value="', '"'),
If(INSTANCE='Auto Fire Role Access Request'AND STRING3='Complete' AND len(STRING4)>18, STRING4)) As Completed_Date,

This is the correct script for what I was trying to do. Apparently an extra parenthesis in the TextBetween was making the first statement stop from being executed.

8 Replies
aarkay29
Valued Contributor

try this

If(INSTANCE='Auto Fire Role Access Request',

If(STRING3='Complete' AND len(STRING4)<14,TextBetween(ATTRIBUTES, '<entry key="Requested On" value="',chr(34))),

If(INSTANCE='Auto Fire Role Access Request',

if(STRING3='Complete' AND len(STRING4)>14, STRING4))) As Complete_Date,

diwaskarki
Contributor

I tried that, It didn't bring anything.

aarkay29
Valued Contributor

Could you please share the app with some sample data

vishsaggi
Esteemed Contributor III

May be try this?

If(INSTANCE='Auto Fire Role Access Request'  AND STRING3='Complete' AND len(STRING4)< 14, TextBetween(ATTRIBUTES, '<entry key="Completed On" value="','"'),

If(INSTANCE='Auto Fire Role Access Request' AND STRING3='Complete' AND len(STRING4)> 14, STRING4))

diwaskarki
Contributor

Vishwa,

I tried that and it got me the closest to what  I want.

Whats happening now is only the second line of IF statement is being executed.

Only this is being executed: If(INSTANCE='Auto Fire Role Access Request' AND STRING3='Complete' AND len(STRING4)> 14, STRING4))

vishsaggi
Esteemed Contributor III

Try the other way around like:

If(INSTANCE='Auto Fire Role Access Request' AND STRING3='Complete' AND len(STRING4)  > 14, STRING4,

If(INSTANCE='Auto Fire Role Access Request'  AND STRING3='Complete' AND len(STRING4) < 14, TextBetween(ATTRIBUTES, '<entry key="Completed On" value="','"')))

Else can you share your sample file to look into?

diwaskarki
Contributor

If(INSTANCE='Auto Fire Role Access Request' AND STRING3='Complete' AND len(STRING4)<18,TextBetween(ATTRIBUTES, '<entry key="Completed On" value="', '"'),
If(INSTANCE='Auto Fire Role Access Request'AND STRING3='Complete' AND len(STRING4)>18, STRING4)) As Completed_Date,

This is the correct script for what I was trying to do. Apparently an extra parenthesis in the TextBetween was making the first statement stop from being executed.

vishsaggi
Esteemed Contributor III

If it resolved your issues can you close the thread marking your's as correct and any helpful responses accordingly.

Thanks,
V.

Community Browser