Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dominikkeller
Contributor III
Contributor III

Datatype not clear

Hello everybody,

in the following picture you can see my problem quite well i have 35 outlets in my qvd. These are later but not all matched with the plain names. What I do not understand, what makes the top 8 different from the others. The tableviewer shows me that it is $ numeric and $ integer.

I tried to solve the problem with num and trim, but I lose the 8 outlets.

Could anyone of you help me out?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-05 um 11.16.16.pngBildschirmfoto 2019-12-05 um 11.13.46.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dominikkeller
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Anil,

thanks for your help.

I found another solution.

The Data comes from an API Call. The ID's with more than 14 characters changed to the text format by default.

I could solve it with: num(evaluate(standorte.id)

Thank you

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

By seeing image, You have date with Text+Number data. Qlik always read with Text as Left alignment and Number as Right alignment. Henceforth, Qlik always recommends for best practice to keep either number or Text if all digits as Num data type and all digits as Text as Char/Varchar etc.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
dominikkeller
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the quick reply, but im not sure what i can do to format the text entries..when i'm using num(standorte.id) the "problem" entries didn't show up.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this with, We really don't know the real values of the string in DB if you pull from DB ?

Num(Num#(standorte.id)) as standorte.id

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
dominikkeller
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Anil,

thanks for your help.

I found another solution.

The Data comes from an API Call. The ID's with more than 14 characters changed to the text format by default.

I could solve it with: num(evaluate(standorte.id)

Thank you