Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date loop in chart

Hi friends . Ive started qlikview learning just recently .

I have a question :

I have a sql data base which it has Sale Date column . want to have a Date Loop(writing with qlikview script) in my chart  and compare each day with Sale Date(from sql database) .and if they were != then put SaleQTY =0 else read from SaleQTY of my table in Sql

first thing is Date Loop whatever I search It shows me one number not a range of date .

second comparing SQL data with qlikview data range is it possible at all?

Please help me on this

Negar

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If I understand correctly, it might be enough to create a master calendar with all dates you want to look at in your script and link the master calendar to your sales date field.

Then use the master calendar field in your chart as dimension and use

=Sum(SalesQTY)

as expression. Disable 'suppress zero values' on presentation tab to see the dates with zero quantity.

The Master Calendar

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephan

thanx a lot it was really helpful but I have a another problem . the bar of the zero Sale QTY is different with the nonzero sale QTY .I want to show them all in a same bar  in chart. even as a line

I attached the pic with this reply

Best Regards

Negar1.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

It's not quite clear how your data model looks like and what you have used as dimensions and expression in your chart. Could it be that the dimension returns NULL (there is an option on dimension tab to suppress NULL)?

Could you post a small sample QVW and a description of what you want to achieve?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dear Stephan

unfortunately I don't have a use advanced editor to attach qvw file in here

11.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

To access the advanced editor (to be able to upload files), you need to open the thread not from within the inbox, but from the content page. Just follow the link to your thread

Date loop in chart

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dear Stefan

Thanx a lot for your help . I added a master calendar too . but I think I have to put 0 instead of Null . how its possible ?