Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h_demarco
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date of aggr formula

Fellows,

I have a formula to return maximum value exposed in a customer:

Max(Aggr(Sum(If([Issue Date]<=Date,[Billed amount]))-Sum(If([Payment Date]<=Date,[Paid amount])),Date))

This sum all billed amount before a date and subtract all paid amount before the same date.

Aggr gives me an statement with balance (Billed amount - Paid amount) day after day (Date).

Columns are: Date, Billed amount, Paid amount, Balance

Capture.JPG

First objective was to get highest balance value. That is done.

Secondary is to get last Date when highest balance occurs (I am considering the possibility of having same balance for more than one row).

How to get this 'last Date'? I already tried Firstsortedvalue but not luck.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

FirstSortedValue(Date,

-Aggr(Sum(If([Issue Date]<=Date,[Billed amount]))-Sum(If([Payment Date]<=Date,[Paid amount])),Date))

Or

FirstSortedValue(Distinct Date,

-Aggr(Sum(If([Issue Date]<=Date,[Billed amount]))-Sum(If([Payment Date]<=Date,[Paid amount])),Date))

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

FirstSortedValue(Date,

Or

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share your application or a sample with expected output?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

-Aggr(Sum(If([Issue Date]<=Date,[Billed amount]))-Sum(If([Payment Date]<=Date,[Paid amount]))-Date/1E6,Date))

h_demarco
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Second option worked.

Thanks for your fast reply.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Just a note:

I don't think that

guarantees that the max date for the max balance is returned, it returns just any one date with the same sort weight, which one might be depending e.g. on the load order field Date.

If you want to make your expression more robust, follow e.g. Manish's last suggested solution (though I think the small value proportional to Date should be added, not subtracted, but could be wrong).