cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Date variable showing incorrect date after script loaded

I am trying to create a dynamic formula to subtract two dates and get the number of days between them. One date is static, and one is the current date.

I have tried just subtracting them and that gives me a number over 40,000. Which is incorrect.

So now I am trying to create the dates in the load script as variables and just subtract the variables. It looked like it was working,  but when I looked at the Variable in the Settings->Variable Overview, it showed a completely different date.

Here is the code in my script.

Let vCurrentTodayDate = Date(Today(0), 'MM-DD-YYYY');
Let vAnnualizedDate = Date(01-02-2016, 'MM-DD-YYYY');

In the variable overview, it has the correct date of today for the first variable (01-20-2016)

But the second variable is showing another date then the one entered in the script (06-22-1894) I'm not sure why it's showing me a number from 1894?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be put the date within single quotes:

Let vAnnualizedDate = Date('01-02-2016', 'MM-DD-YYYY');

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be put the date within single quotes:

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

sunindia‌  small correction ('#' is missing)

Let vAnnualizedDate = Date#('01-02-2016', 'MM-DD-YYYY');  //This will give date number

Let vAnnualizedDate = Date(Date#('01-02-2016', 'MM-DD-YYYY')); //This will give date

sunny_talwar

Wouldn't Date#() depend on the fact what is used in the SET DateFormat?

If it is set as MM-DD-YYYY, the wouldn't it automatically read it '01-02-2016 as date? I was the under the impression it would, but I might be wrong here

I am going to test it now

sunny_talwar

This seems to work:

SET DateFormat='MM-DD-YYYY';

LET vAnnualizedDate = Date('01-02-2016', 'MM-DD-YYYY');

Capture.PNG

Not applicable

If the variable return 1894 means, there something missing on the variable. Because you didn't add the single quotes so it takes 1 as value for variable and return respective date.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Agreed. SET DateFormat doesn't came in my mind. sorry about that.  🙂

sunny_talwar

But you were right, I simply assumed the SET DateFormat to be MM-DD-YYYY.

crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you for explaining why it was giving me such a strange date. That makes sense now.

crystles
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I knew it had to be something simple I was missing. I added the single quotes around my date and it worked perfectly.

Thank you!