Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Decrypt data load from SQL Server 2008.

I have data load from SQL Server 2008 and encrypted previously with AES 256. I have key and certificate. Could someone help me with a AES 256 decrypt function.?. Exist something like that?. It isn't a Qlikview Expressor environment.

5 Replies

Re: Decrypt data load from SQL Server 2008.

Was the data encrypted using T-SQL? Then you can decrypt it in your SQL statements (T-SQL supports AES encryption/decryption using symmetric keys or certificates).

If you want to do this in QlikView, you'll have to write a macro function which won't be terribly efficient...

Not applicable

They are using EncryptByKey. I don't have idea about how to do decrypting. If someone have a macro or documentation about how to do that pleas appreciate.your help.

There is a corresponding T-SQL function called DecryptByKey.

But I think you're asking this in the wrong forum. Better post your question in one of the many SQL Server forums.

Not applicable

More info on DecryptByKey: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181860.aspx

Can we send a "Open (...)" command to the SQL Server, before the "Select" statement?

marychen
New Contributor III

Yes, you can send a OPEN command to the SQL server before SELECT statement. You'll need to add CLOSE command after the SELECT statement.

Community Browser