Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Different Results between Server Load and Manual Load

Hello - I am having an issue with a simple SQL query that when I run in SQL I get a single result.  When I run the same query in QlikView with a manual load I get the same single result.  But when I run the same application from the Management Console server side I get multiple results for the same query.  I have tried rewriting the script multiple ways to accommodate for text vs num etc but still get the same results.  One of the fields in question contains a "dash" ( - ) and this is what I believe is causing the issue but not able to correct it with server side load.

ItemDescription
11007E-0022Item # 1
11007E-0174Item # 2
11007E-0914Item # 3
11007E-0924Item # 4

When I manually load and I drill to 11007E-0914 I get the description of "Item # 3".  (Correct)

When I server side run the application and then drill to the same Item I get all 4 descriptions. 

I am running Server 9.0 SR4.

Has anyone had any kind of similar issues with Server Side results being different than manual loads?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Emma,

This is no longer an issue.  There wasn't a fix I had to rework the data a different way.

Thanks,

Tim

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you include the script you're using?

Also ... when you run it manually and through the server, are you linking to a database through an ODBC connection?  Are you using the same ODBC each time?  I've had problems before with different levels of access given to my user id and the server's user id.  I have also had problems with slightly different ODBC drivers so make sure the one you're using on your local machine is the same as that on the server.

Cheers,

Emma

Not applicable
Author

Emma,

Thanks for the response.  I don't believe the drivers are it because I am running it locally on the server and then using Management Console to rerun the application.

I even tested a very simple process.  If you create an application and all you load is this:

Load * INLINE [

Item, Description

11007E-0022, Item1

11007E-0174, Item2

11007E-0914, Item3

11007E-0924, Item4

];

Load manually you will get the following results:

test.JPG

Now if you select the 3rd Item you will see the associated Description:

test.JPG

Now if I load the application from the Management Console I will get the following:

test.JPG

Notice the 11007E-0924 is no longer there.  Now if I select 11007E-0914 I will get the following results.

test.JPG

It appears that QlikView is trying to group Items that it shouldn't.  Try for yourself and see if you get the same results.

Thanks,

Tim

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Have you resolved this one?  I haven't been able to recreate the problem.

If it's still an issue can you attach your document?

Thanks,

Emma

Not applicable
Author

Emma,

This is no longer an issue.  There wasn't a fix I had to rework the data a different way.

Thanks,

Tim

Not applicable
Author

I am having the same issue. How did you rework the data to fix your problem?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

From the above attached screenshots, you'll notice that QV is reading the values in as text vs. numbers (left / right alignment indicating this). Seems like QV is interpreting the value as a number in scientific notation. I think -914 and -924 as exponents are exceeding the allowed exponent for floating point values, that's probably why the grouping issue arise here.

Try reading the values in as text (using the text() function in QV LOAD statement).

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the reply, this is exactly what I ended up doing... PITA though.