Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different results from same load-string?

Hello,

I have developed a dashboard for our company. However, I am encountering the following problem.

There is data coming from our company in Argentina. This data is located in 1 file, called "Argentina - New 2011 All Data.xls".

We also have a budget for next year, which is located in another file, called "Budget AR 2012".

There is a product we sold this year, which we will also sell in next year. This means it is in both files. Now here's a little part from the files:

QV Comparison.png

As you can see, the number and the name are exactly the same in both files.

The lay-out for the cells are also the same ('Number' for the Product_number and 'General' for the Product_name).

I tie these to fields together in my script, adding a " - " in between and calling the filed [Material - Code & Name].

So you would get: "210794001205467 - PERSOFTAL L 1000KG."

Now I load these two files into Qlikview. Both files are loaded seperatly, and are concatenated seperatly into another table, like this:

(This is the table from our main office, which also contains products, different from the Argentina ones)

Product_7:

LOAD %MaterialNumber_Key,

[Material - Code & Name],

[Material Name],

[Line Desc 1]

FROM

MAKT_MaterialDescriptions_P60.qvd

(qvd);

(This is the table containing the 2011 data from Argentina)

//LE Concatenation

Concatenate (Product_7)

LOAD

%MaterialNumber_Key,

[Material - Code & Name],

[Material Name]

Resident ArgentinaTest;

(This is the table containing the 2012 budget data from Argentina)

//LE Budget Concatenate

Concatenate (Product_7)

Load

%MaterialNumber_Key,

[Material - Code & Name]

Resident Budget_LE;

Now if I tell Qlikview to show me a list box of the [Material - Code & Name] field and look for the product from Argentina, it shows me this:

QV Persoftal Problem.png

As you can see, it is loaded into Qlikview 2 times, with a different number each time.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

I hope I explained it clear enough, if anyone has any questions, please ask!

Thanks in advance!

14 Replies
dpietersz
Creator
Creator

I don't understand the 2 different ways of concatenating.

Could you post the 2 different scripting approaches you mean.

If you still have the problem without synthetic tables, than it has to be in one of the steps you do.

You can be sure of this if you make a new clean .qvw and load only one table at the time. My guess is that will show the correct data.

You could also try to see if there is a difference in the cell properties of the 2 excel files.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1st Concatenate way:

- Load Table 2011 data

- Load Table 2012 data

- Load Table with HeadQuarter data

- concatenate Table 2011 data with Table HQ-data

- concatenate Table 2012 data with Table HQ-data

2nd Concatenate way:

- Load Table 2011 data

- Load Table 2012 data

- concatenate Table 2012 data with Table 2011 data

1st way gives the double data

2nd way only gives single data, as it should be...

Complicated for me to explain this clearly to you all I'm afraid 😞 Think I'll try the table for table approach you suggest...

dpietersz
Creator
Creator

I beginning to understand it. Don't worry, it's always hard to explain these things via internet 😉

You can use the function "exit script;" between your load statements to see if everything is working as it should be.

Maybe QlikView automaticllay does a concatenation which you don't expect. If your load state has exactly the same column names as a previous load statement QlikView will concatenate it for you. If you don't want this you can use "noconcatenate load" instead of "Load".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I reload once more, and everything works... I didn't change a thing...

This is very, very strange...

Well, thanks for the help Dimitri, much appreciated 🙂

dpietersz
Creator
Creator

Your welcome!

Good luck!!