Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dimension not displaying

if(hold_1 = '043' or hold_2 = '043' or hold_3 = '043' or hold_4 = '043' or hold_5 = '043' or other= '043', 'ment', If(cd = 'DD' or cd = 'SV', 'Core', 'Cert'))

If this is the if-statement I am using, how do I get the dimension 'ment' to appear even when it doesn't satisfy the if-statement... I would like 'ment' to be displayed with all zeroes if it does not satisfy the if-statement

Is there any way this is possible?

18 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Doesn't your expression mean

if(hold_1 = '043' or hold_2 = '043' or hold_3 = '043' or hold_4 = '043' or hold_5 = '043' or other= '043',  IF TRUE then display 'ment',

IF False use If(cd = 'DD' or cd = 'SV', 'Core', 'Cert'))

If you wanted it to display 'ment' or '0000', should it not be something like

if(hold_1 = '043' or hold_2 = '043' or hold_3 = '043' or hold_4 = '043' or hold_5 = '043' or other= '043', 'ment', '0000')

Also if ment is a dimension there should NOT be single quotes around it

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Creating the dimension worked to have all the titles displayed. Now do I create a new expression with that reference to the dimension in it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the if statement I sent is a dimension, not expression. And no it does not mean that because I want all three displayed... 'Ment' Cert and 'Core'

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think this could also be on the right track but the comma before '0000' is an error in the expreession

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You're right I hadn't seen the else condition in the second if, the problem is: when the if condition is not satisfied?

You have ment, core or cert as result, which condition should return 0 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The problem is in the first if-statement. If the hold or other variable are not met, 'ment' does not display in the dimension at all. I would like it to display no matter what even if the fields are all filled with 0's.

eg.

Cert           786     126

Core          200       45

ment              0         0

where as currently it does not have 'ment' as a row at all

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

A new expression or adjusting your existing to do the correct calculation for each of the values in the valuelist like mentioned in my post

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So I have 9 expressions..... what do I do to them to make it work for the synthetic dimension?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I realized I do not have the one record meeting the condition for 'ment'.... which is why I need a synthetic row for those who do not meet the condition.