Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying color only in field

Hi

I have an expression field which I am only using for a color code, green for ok, orange for warning, red for problem fo example.

I have added the color, but there is a "-" displaying as well. I have tried adding a space as value.

How can I get rid of the "-"

9 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

can u eloberate  clearly  with sample?

marcus_sommer

I think the "-" means that there is NULL and unfortunately you couldn't to color it. This meant you need to replace the NULL with real values like 'NULL' or 'MISSING' - here you will find an excellent guide for these topic: NULL handling in QlikView.

- Marcus

Kushal_Chawda

On Chart Properties->Presentation Tab ->replace the hyphen in null symbol and missing symbol by space

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

add to ur exp

If(len(trim(urexp)>0))

Not applicable
Author

I think my question was a bit stupid, I was not bring through a value in the field, I just wanted a colour in the field, I just added =' ' as the expression value. Seems to work Sorry guys

Not applicable
Author

My one works as well, but I never saw this option. Think I am rather going to use yours. Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Works for Dimensions but not for Expressions, but a great answer, and it will be very helpful in future

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hmmm coooooool  No issues

Not applicable
Author

This was just a field which I wanted to have no value in the field but just have a backbround color, in the backbround color I used an expression. So I just added a value on the Expressions itselfof = ' ' and then had my background color expression