Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Displaying color only in field

Hi

I have an expression field which I am only using for a color code, green for ok, orange for warning, red for problem fo example.

I have added the color, but there is a "-" displaying as well. I have tried adding a space as value.

How can I get rid of the "-"

Tags (1)
9 Replies
Chanty4u
Not applicable

Re: Displaying color only in field

can u eloberate  clearly  with sample?

marcus_sommer
Not applicable

I think the "-" means that there is NULL and unfortunately you couldn't to color it. This meant you need to replace the NULL with real values like 'NULL' or 'MISSING' - here you will find an excellent guide for these topic: NULL handling in QlikView.

- Marcus

kush141087
Not applicable

On Chart Properties->Presentation Tab ->replace the hyphen in null symbol and missing symbol by space

Chanty4u
Not applicable

add to ur exp

If(len(trim(urexp)>0))

Not applicable

I think my question was a bit stupid, I was not bring through a value in the field, I just wanted a colour in the field, I just added =' ' as the expression value. Seems to work Sorry guys

Not applicable

My one works as well, but I never saw this option. Think I am rather going to use yours. Thanks

Not applicable

Works for Dimensions but not for Expressions, but a great answer, and it will be very helpful in future

Chanty4u
Not applicable

Hmmm coooooool  No issues

Not applicable

This was just a field which I wanted to have no value in the field but just have a backbround color, in the backbround color I used an expression. So I just added a value on the Expressions itselfof = ' ' and then had my background color expression