Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inigoelv
Creator
Creator

Distribution normal

Hello everybody,

I have a question about the normal distribution.

I can not get a chart completly simetric what it is the usual in this kind of chart:

1.png

The formuls are:

Dimensions: class([Net Weight Roll Control (gr)],0.5)

Expressions:

normdist( (floor(Min([Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]),0.5)+Ceil(Min([Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]),0.5))/2,

avg({1} total {<[Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]={">0"}>} [Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]),

stdev({1} total {<[Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]={">0"}>} [Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]),0)

Count({<[Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]={">0"}>}[Net Weight Roll Control (gr)])

What I try with: floor(Min([Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]),0.5)+Ceil(Min([Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]),0.5))/2 is to fix the medium of each interval to draw the distribution. In theory, it must be simetric, but follows the form got in the frecuency formul.

I attached the excell file.

Please, don´t send me the answer in qlik examples, because i have edition personal.

Thanks in advance

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

That's because your x-axis is not continuous. Have a close look to the intervals shown at the axis, you'll notice that some intermediate intervals are missing (e.g.118 - 118.5).

If you use a continuous axis on axis tab, the curve should look much more as you expect it.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Using swuehl recomendation

inigoelv
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Clever:

But I am usign Persoanl Edition, therefore I can not open the file.

Could you explain what is your solution with formuls?

Thanks in advance

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I´ve used an expression (and marked as Line/Smooth)

normdist( (floor(Min([Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]),0.5)+Ceil(Min([Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]),0.5))/2,

avg({1} total {<[Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]={">0"}>} [Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]),

stdev({1} total {<[Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]={">0"}>} [Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]),0)

I marked "continuous" into Axes Tab

Capturar.PNG.png

419564.png

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

normdist( Count({<[Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]={">0"}>}[Net Weight Roll Control (gr)]),

gives almost the same curve

inigoelv
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Clever:

Thanks for your answer but the chart is not completely simetric. I have attached your chart and my chart where is more evident:

1.jpeg.jpg2.jpeg.jpg

The problem is the lack of values in the midle of the intervals.

For solving this problem is necessary to solve this lack.

Any answer more?

Thanks in advance,

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think you won't necessarily get a perfect symmetric curve because you are using discrete sampling points.

You can get a smoother, more symmetric curve if you create additional dimension values so your line curve gets calculated for more sampling points:

// Script to read your data and create a complete range of dimension values (adapt 115 start value and 20 sampling

// points to your range

LOAD class(115+recno()/2,0.5) as Class

AutoGenerate 20;

LOAD [Net Weight Roll Control (gr)],

class([Net Weight Roll Control (gr)],0.5) as Class

FROM

[Net Values Weight.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Then use a dimension Class and as expression for the line

=normdist( Class,