Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does the new Salesforce Connector work with Personal Edition?

Does the new Salesforce Connector work with Personal Edition?

I've got a client's dev environment currently running on Personal Edition, because we're going to use a Leased License system, but haven't yet built the prod server that would distribute licenses.

My SFDC credentials work fine locally, and claim to test successfully in PE on the dev environment, but no tables show up in the SFDC "Create Select Statement" window.  Also, the reload fails.

Is it possible the SFDC connector uses an unusual port, making this a firewall issue?

Thanks,

DJ

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I reinstalled the SFDC connector with the latest version, and that seemed to clear it all up.  And, Yes, the SFDC connector will work with Personal Edition (which surprised me).

I'm still unsure why the Leased License is being so session-specific, but I'll save that for another thread.

swuehl, Thanks again for your help!

-DJ

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Update:  The prod server is up and running now, with leased licensing enabled.

I load up QV PE on the Dev box, "Open in Server" an app successfully from the Prod box, which should enable the leased license, and then open my SFDC Loader app, and..... nothing.  Still.

I've double-checked that ports 80 and 443 (HTTPS) are open on the firewall.  Does anyone have a suggestion why else this might not be working?

Is there anywhere that QV Desktop will explicitly show that it's running on a leased license?  I'm curious if there's still a disconnect there somewhere.

Thanks,

DJ

swuehl
MVP
MVP

DJ,

at least up to QV10, it should give you information about the license on start page / license information.

Not applicable
Author

OK, thanks.  I must still be missing a setting.

Even though I'm able to open apps from the prod server, each new instance of QlikView opens as Personal Edition.

Not applicable
Author

I reinstalled the SFDC connector with the latest version, and that seemed to clear it all up.  And, Yes, the SFDC connector will work with Personal Edition (which surprised me).

I'm still unsure why the Leased License is being so session-specific, but I'll save that for another thread.

swuehl, Thanks again for your help!

-DJ