Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Dont understand the connection string

Hello everyone,

It is urgent.

I need help ,Client provide me the connection string as

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source=X.X.X.X;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=eai_i_etdv;Initial Catalog=E1IntQA

and i dont know how to do it as we so it directly through the wizard so how should i read this string sothat i can reach to the database.

When i am typping this string in the script the ip address became red,so dont know how to do it.

Thanks in advance

Ferha Jafri

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

on the edit script screen there is a combo box on the bottom left called database.

choose OLEDB and click on connect, then u will choose the provider for your db, just follow the screens and u will do it i`m quite sure ^^.

I hope it helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

use like below

OLEDB CONNECT TO and then the your part.

also.. i hope you also have the username and password for the connection..

also an advice.. when posting on community.. please replace the IP and other client specific details with XX or some other characters.

Better yet, try to create a OLEDB connection using the wizard to which ever SQL db you have access to .. and use the same script output that it generates.. and replace the IP and credentails with this one...

hope this helps.

Not applicable

on the edit script screen there is a combo box on the bottom left called database.

choose OLEDB and click on connect, then u will choose the provider for your db, just follow the screens and u will do it i`m quite sure ^^.

I hope it helps