Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamically Load Files From SharePoint

Hi all, I'm trying to load a dynamic list of files from a specific directory in SharePoint.  I've tried using both the HTTP and the UNC paths for the SharePoint directory and to load the files using both a wildcard load and a for loop that utilizes FileList() but nothing is working.  Using the UNC path with a wildcard works on my local machine but as soon as I move the dashboard to our QV server it says the directory cannot be found.  Does anyone have any ideas on whether this can be accomplished or not and if it is possible, how I would go about doing it?  I appreciate your help in advance.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please check you QV server Windows account access to share point or not ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, the server definitely has access to SharePoint.  I am able to read the files if I specify individual paths for each file but not when I try to read the filelist from the directory.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kevin,

Even i am working on the same issue did u got the solution for this or is there any workaround for it,

Please let me know

Thanks & Regards

Mallikarjuna

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was never able to come up with a solution to this problem.  We eventually had to move these files to a local folder to be able to read the meta-data on each of them.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

fseregaza
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello,

Actually, we had the same issue and we had to turn our URL into a path.

Sample:

Original URL = http://wssemea.sample.com/ws/MTPlanManagement/QlikView Folders/GLOP/*.xls'

Path used = \\wssemea.sample.com\ws\MTPlanManagement\QlikView Folders\GLOP\*.xls'

This solution works perfectly on our side.