Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Enhancing the Performance of a report!!!!

What can be a reason for a small report based on a small Analysis of 2 pages take more than 30 seconds to print.. Is this normal with printing Qlikview reports???

Can anychanges be made to improve the performance of a Report?

regards

sravan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Good to know you solved thisBig Smile
As for the OnInput/OnChange - input is manual, change is casued by anything else (e.g. calculated variable based on selections). Here is from the help:
OnInput
The macro executes every time a new value is directly entered into the specified variable.
OnChange
The macro executes every time the value of the specified variable changes as a result of changes in other variables or the logical state of the document (typically applies when the variable contains a formula).

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you post an example of a qvw with your problem ? I think it will be easier to look for a problem in your report.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've noticed that fancy charts, especially with tile grid, take a lot of time to print.

Not applicable
Author

I dont have any tile grid( I dont know what these are) in my Analysis. I am now more confused because the qvw works well, when I open on my 32Bit Processor Laptop rather than the 64Bit QVServer. what can be the reason..Any guesses?

I cant upload the qvw because it has some sensitiv data.. I will try to copy and paste only the settings if no answers are given..

Not applicable
Author

If I change the printer, that takes more time....

Most Important thing macro runs always when I start the report and may be thats why it takes a long time? Is it??

Does Macro reduce the Performance of the report? I searched to find if any connection is there in the document settings between the reports and the macros.. Any guesses??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ceratinly macro can slow down the performance.

Not applicable
Author

I donno why is the Macro running. I dont want the macro to run when the reports are generated. Can we control that in any of the Document settings? I did not find any setting. I have only a macro which runs when I open the Document or if I select a Reportingdate. To this reporting date all the data is filtered and selected. This macro runs only at the Opening of the Qvw. Are the reports connected with the opening of a QVW document? There must be some controlls for the Reports right? or Are there no controlls for the reports???

Not applicable
Author

@ Michael

i hope that U might have an Idea..

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There is no way to tell without looking at the application.
Maybe you're running print by macro - nothing's wrong about it.

Not applicable
Author

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/11/8322.Dok1.doc:550:0]

Hi michael,

I solved the Problem now. What I changed was in the Document Properties-> Variable Event triggers and on removing the ON CHANGE macro. The performance of the report increased.

I cannot understand the difference between OnInput and Onchange

If I have a variable of a date for ex. 01.12.2008 and I define it as a Calenderbox. I want to run a macro when I select this date. I configure that in the Document settings (figure attached).

If I set the ONINPUT it is correct and the report is not slow. If I select the Macro both in ONINPUT and ONCHANGE my report gets slow..

What is ONCHANGE in my example????

What is here the ONCHANGE?