Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error loading data from SQL server

Hello,

I have started using qlikview very recently. I am trying to bring in data from two tables in sql into Qlikview. I tired using the SQL script with a few modifications. But when i run the screen it gives me read error.

This is the SQL query that work fine in Sql server management studio (like toad).

select *

from ConfigTouchpoint ct, MessageFulfillment mf

where ct.description like '%Thunderhead%'

and ct.CoreProcessId = mf.CoreProcessId

and mf.CreatedDate between dateadd(month,-1,current_timestamp) and current_timestamp;

I am using it as this script in qlikview

MessageFullfillment:

select *

and mf.CreatedDate between dateadd(month,-1,current_timestamp) and current_timestamp

;

store MessageFulfillment into MessageFulfillment.QVD(QVD);

DROP TABLE MessageFulfillment;

can anyone help me identify what the issue is with this script. i will really appreciate any help i can get with this.

Thank you,

Syed,

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you load anything from that database into a qlikview document? You didn't forget a CONNECT statement to establish the connection, right?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=EmmeOperations;Data Source=LOUSQLWPS377;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=WKMJ003JPB;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False];

MessageFullfillment:

SQL select *

and mf.CreatedDate between dateadd(month,-1,current_timestamp) and current_timestamp

;

store MessageFulfillment into MessageFulfillment.QVD(QVD);

DROP TABLE MessageFulfillment;

this is the full script with connection.

Yes, i am able to load other tables from the database.

Not applicable
Author

and this is the error it gives me

OLEDB read failed

MessageFullfillment:

SQL select *

log:

1/27/2016 11:33:34 AM: 0013  OLEDB CONNECT*Provider*

1/27/2016 11:33:34 AM: 0024  MessageFullfillment:

1/27/2016 11:33:34 AM: 0025  select *

1/27/2016 11:33:34 AM: 0026  from ConfigTouchpoint ct, MessageFulfillment mf

1/27/2016 11:33:34 AM: 0027  where ct.description like '%Thunderhead%'

1/27/2016 11:33:34 AM: 0028  and ct.CoreProcessId = mf.CoreProcessId

1/27/2016 11:33:34 AM: 0029  and mf.CreatedDate between dateadd(month,-1,current_timestamp) and current_timestamp

1/27/2016 11:33:36 AM:       54 fields found: ConfigTouchpointId, Description, RunWindowConfiguration, PriorRunWindow, CoreProcessId, TouchpointName, ServerName, Path, Port, UserId, Password, Domain, SafeName, Objectname, ApplicationId, InternalVendor, Enabled, ServerType, OutputType, ChannelType, UpdatedBy, UpdatedDate, TouchpointType, CreatedDate, InActivityAge, InActivityAction, ExternalSystemCode, IsArchiveExpected, MessageFulfillmentId, MessageRequestId, ProcessLocation, RecipientType, RecipientId, ReceivedRecipientType, ReceivedRecipientId, CoreProcessId, Error: OLEDB read failed

1/27/2016 11:33:39 AM: 0031  store MessageFulfillment into MessageFulfillment.QVD(QVD)

1/27/2016 11:33:39 AM:       Error: Table not found

1/27/2016 11:33:40 AM: 0032  DROP TABLE MessageFulfillment

1/27/2016 11:33:40 AM:       Error: Table not found

1/27/2016 11:33:41 AM:      Execution finished.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Error: OLEDB read failed

Problem with the OLEDB driver. Perhaps you're trying to load a field with data type that the OLEDB driver does not support.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand