Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error while connecting to ODBC

Hello All,

I'm getting the following error while connecting to ODBC. Can anybody help me out on this?

SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 10232, ErrorMsg: [DataDirect][ODBC OpenAccess SDK driver][OpenAccess SDK SQL Engine]Disk cache error. Field length:100494 exceeds maximum limit of 65535.[10232]

SQL SELECT *

FROM "SCHEMA".xxUSER."change_request"

I tried and checked to extract the data from a different table belonging to the same schema xxUSER, which is coming fine.The only problem is with the change_request table. Whenever i'm trying to pull the data I'm getting the above following error.

My script goes like this:

ODBC CONNECT TO S*******W (XUserId is EAxxxxxxxxxxxxx, XPassword is UMxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx);

LOAD *;

SQL SELECT *

FROM "SCHEMA".xxUSER."change_request";

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You're probably trying to extract some sort of memo field that contains a very large amount of text (or binary data). It seems your odbc driver does not support that. Try finding out which field that is and don't include it in your sql statement. You'll have to replace the * with actual field names.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rbecher
MVP
MVP

It seems to be that the SQL parser of the ODBC driver missinterprets the column "order" as ORDER BY clause.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

I commented the order field and ran the script and guess what??

The same error:

SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 10232, ErrorMsg: [DataDirect][ODBC OpenAccess SDK driver][OpenAccess SDK SQL Engine]Disk cache error. Field length:100494 exceeds maximum limit of 65535.[10232]

SQL SELECT *

FROM "SCHEMA".OAUSER."change_request" 

I think the only solution left with me is, I need to check the data type which is not supported by ODBC, remove it and reload it again as told by  Gysbert Wassenaar.