Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techkrish
Contributor
Contributor

Error while using GetFieldSelections with string values(with space)

Hi,

I'm getting an error "Error in set modifier ad hoc element list: ',' or ')' expected" while using the below given statement
                               SUM({$<Project_Name={$(=vProject_Name)} >} Forecast_Amt)

The variable "vProject_Name" has been assigned with                                   "If(ISNULL(GetFieldSelections(Project_Name)),'*',GetFieldSelections(Project_Name))"

Sample values of Project_Name:

Clarity
BMC IT
BMC Data Hub

I'm getting error only when the project name contains space. Can someone help me to fix the issue please? Thanks.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

In that case, try this

=Sum({1<Actual_Period = {2}, Month_Num = {2}, Project_Name = p(Project_Name)}>} Forecast_Amt)/1000

or this

=Sum({1<Actual_Period = {2}, Month_Num = {2}, Project_Name = $:: Project_Name}>} Forecast_Amt)/1000

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Why do you even need this... why can't you just do this and let QlikView do its thing?

Sum(Forecast_Amt)

When not Project_Name is selected, it will show everything. When you select one or more Project_Name... only those will show.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you check, What this is returning in KPI?

If(ISNULL(GetFieldSelections(Project_Name)),'*',GetFieldSelections(Project_Name))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Techkrish
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Please see this one. I'm using "1" in the below statement. In this, if I don't specify a specific project, it'll give me the sum of all the projects. Any solution on this? Thanks.

=sum({1<Actual_Period = {2}, Month_Num = {2}, Project_Name={$(=vProject_Name)}>} Forecast_Amt)/1000
sunny_talwar

In that case, try this

=Sum({1<Actual_Period = {2}, Month_Num = {2}, Project_Name = p(Project_Name)}>} Forecast_Amt)/1000

or this

=Sum({1<Actual_Period = {2}, Month_Num = {2}, Project_Name = $:: Project_Name}>} Forecast_Amt)/1000
Techkrish
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It's working fine! Thank you so much 🙂