Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Evaluate formula in macro

Hi all,

I have got this kind of formula in a lot of textboxes. To avoid copy mistakes and maybe do a quick change on the formula in every box, I want to evaluate the value by a macro and just give parameters to it. Is this possible?

My formula:

only({<KPI_Year={'$(vYearMaxU)'},KPI_Month={'$(vMonthMaxU)'},rowid={`$(=min({<KPI_Year={'$(vYearMaxU)'},KPI_Month={'$(vMonthMaxU)'},KPI_Category_Name={"$(=FieldValue('KPI_Category_Name',1))"}>}rowid,1))`}>} Statuscolor)

Can someone tell me how to evaluate this in a macro? I never implemented a macro but tried it with

sub value()

value = activedocument.Evaluate("formula");

end sub

but the " " dont work because there are also some inside the formula.

Thanks for any kind of help!

Kind regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Evaluate formula in macro

Not with a macro. But you can simply use a variable instead. Put the expression in a variable and put $1, $2 etc in the expression as placeholders for any parameters you want to pass.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
5 Replies

Try square brackets instead of the double quotes:

only({<KPI_Year={'$(vYearMaxU)'},KPI_Month={'$(vMonthMaxU)'},rowid={`$(=min({<KPI_Year={'$(vYearMaxU)'},KPI_Month={'$(vMonthMaxU)'},KPI_Category_Name={[$(=FieldValue('KPI_Category_Name',1))]}>}rowid,1))`}>} Statuscolor)

Not applicable

Thank you, this totally works fine with a macro giving an msgbox.

What I expected to do is :

function value_ret()

value_ret =  activedocument.Evaluate("only({<KPI_Year={'$(vYearMaxU)'},KPI_Month={'$(vMonthMaxU)'},rowid={`$(=min({<KPI_Year={'$(vYearMaxU)'},KPI_Month={'$(vMonthMaxU)'},KPI_Category_Name={[$(=FieldValue('KPI_Category_Name',1))]}>}rowid,1))`}>} Statuscolor)")

end function

and then say in a textbox

=value_ret()

to set the value in the textbox (later on with variables). Is this even possible because I dont get any values.

Thank you!

Not with a macro. But you can simply use a variable instead. Put the expression in a variable and put $1, $2 etc in the expression as placeholders for any parameters you want to pass.

Not applicable

and if I call the variable in a textbox with =$(myvariable)  ... how can I pass the real value for the placeholders?

thank you got it !

Not applicable

Wow, this is damn powerful, I feel like I knew nothing. Thanks a lot!

Community Browser