Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brettaustin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exclude Search Box

Hello Qlik Community,

I am trying to create a Search Object that will 'Exclude' the value entered by the user. 

1) I was able to 'Exclude' the data using the following in a 'Generic' search object

=Not WildMatch(FieldName, 'SearchValue')

But I am not wanting the  user community to enter this string each and every time they want to 'exclude' the values form their result set.

Therefore I tried to...

1) Create a variable

2) Create a user Input Box

3) Create a button to apply the Exclude script above to the search field.  

3a) Set an Action (Set in Field)

or

3b) Macro

Neither approach worked.  Any ideas?

Thank you!

6 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share an example where you want to exclude this. Attached is the file where you can enter any value in the inputbox and it will exclude that value from the Field name Name in the table.

What ever you type in that Exclude inputbox it will exclude that row from the left table.

Find attached a sample qvw.

brettaustin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you!  Let me clarify.  I want to apply the Exclude Filter to the 'Select in Field' so the filter is applied to the entire dashboard.  See attached for example.

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Brett,

see Attachment.

Regards,

Antonio

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try with:

-(SearchValue1|SearchValue2)

Davide

marcus_sommer

Maybe the already inbuilt features will do the job. Just selecting the "unwanted" values and then choosing "exclude values" from the context-menu. I think it's more logical and don't need more (error-prone - because manually typing values) working-steps and is therefore easier to handle for the users.

- Marcus

MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe one solution could be:

QlikCommunity_Thread_264438_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_264438_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_264438_Pic4.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_264438_Pic5.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco