Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Execution of script failed. Empty reload required

Hi all,

I have a problem with a Qlikview documente where I have been using Resident tables, Stored .qvd files, inputfields and scriptting macros.

Although these combinations seems "dangerous" for this particular case it is mandatory as I will explain.

Resident tables ---- they will be used to estimate future values.

Sore .qvd files ---- to avoid the use of unnecesary Resident tables they will be stored in "axuliar" .qvd files where then will be loaded directly from them

Input fields    ---   it is required since the user will modifiy "manually" data in the dashboard. They are use at the very end of the script to avoid problems with                                     resident or relationship.

Scriptting macros --- they will be used to delelte the auxiliar .qvd files created to avoid residente tables.

Additionally I have avoided the use of functions such as "isNull( )" and I used insted "len( )" functions .... since I read that it sometimes will cause problems.

Everything works fine all together. However, SOMETIMES the  ERROR "Execution of script failed. Reload old data?" without explaining anything in the log file neither in any displayed message and neither using the ErrorMode=0 and usign the variables "ScriptErrorList" or "ScriptError".

The problem is that the document works PERFECTLY when i keep using the same dates, BUT SOMETIMES (others not) when I change some parameter (related with the estimation period of time) this error appears and I should do and empty reload to avoid this problem. Once I perform this empty reload the document continues working perfectly on every reload. However every time i change some parameter I have to perform this operation (empty reload and then it will woks again).

The problem is that i don't find this very useful.

Is there any possibility to perform a empty reload automatically and then continue executing the normal script in a transparent way for the users?

Or how I can solve this problem?

Thank you all for your help and time.

Best regards.

James.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sorry! I mislead the "inputfields" description. I is  the stored .qvd files are the one which will be used to avoid the use of resident tables when it could be avoided and not the "inputfields"

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make sure you enabled the Generate Logfile option in the Document properties. Then check the log file after a failed reload to see if you can find any errors indicating what may have caused the failure.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank your Gysbert,

But I have already checked both check-box "Generate logfile" and "Timestamp in Logfile Name" but the problem is that in this log the error did not appear

(the final line of this log file is the following:

31/05/2013 11:39:39:      Execution finished.

)

Which seems that this log file is the same that when the document reload it is successful. But the error of "Excecution of script failed" appears at the very end of the execution and it will be necessary to reload the old data.

Regards

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

try to do debug with step one by one so, that you ll  find  the error for that

if your app. works perfectly to avoi it

on the top of script write Set ErrorMode=0;

Not applicable
Author

Thank you er.mohit

I already debug the document and it seems to work perfectly.

Additionally I tried the functionalty of the ErrorMode by doing "Set ErrorMode=0" but I have the same problem.

I think the problem appears because I have 2 tables each one with some inputfields. Although the funny thing is that I don't know why if I previously reload the document empty it works perfectly in the following executions.

Regards.