Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exit script crashes load

Hi,

Sometimes it is necessary to break the load half way. I use therefore  the 'Exit script''. However, I have it  a little bit too often that the load crashes, even though i know it works begin-to-end without a flauw. there is furthermore no indication of error in the document error log.  Sometimes if running in debug mode, or resetting Qlikview resolves the problem.

appericiare your respond!

happy holydays,

Dror

2 Replies
jriedlin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi.

Same here.

Recently, one app showed this behaviour for the first time. Today a second app is starting to act up like this.

Both apps load and finish ok. But when I put an "EXIT SCRIPT" into the load script at a safe point to stop, the script crashes. No feedback in the log, either.

Anyone else seen this or found a solution?

jriedlin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ok, well... I sort of fixed it.
After completely dissecting the app I managed to reload it successfully with the "EXIT SCRIPT". Here's what I did.

The first sheet in my QVW contains a linked Listbox.
Deleting this one object on the first sheet fixed the reload crash.

The second and third sheets still contained the (previously linked) copy of the Listbox. Moving the second sheet to first position crashes the app again.

It seems this Listbox is broken internally.

Removing all instances of the Listbox and recreating it with identical settings seemed to do the trick.
Couldn't replicate this type of crash afterwards.

I don't know if this fixed the reason for the crash or merely a symptom.
But it works. For now...

Hope this helps someone else, too.