Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exploding memory usage AFTER reload

Hi,

I have a relatively simple qvw I've been developing. I developed a few applications previously, and haven't encountered this issue before.

I'm using 64-bit, 11.2 SR9 Desktop.

I reload my file, and this successfully completes. After manual reload, Windows Task Manager shows QV memory usage sitting at around 700MB. However, after I click 'Close' on the reload dialog, memory usage climbs to approx 5GB (99% Physical Memory) and just sits there. I have to reset my dev machine.

The internal model is simple, no synthetic keys or circular references, and only consists of a few tables:

qvw model.jpg

In terms of rows (this is the reload dialog after a successful reload before I hit 'close'):

qvw dialog.jpg

Press 'Close' and boom. Within seconds my system is un-usable.

Anyone else come across this?

Thanks,

Rory.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I was being a numpty. Turns out it was a chart issue in my application that was causing the issue when it was refreshing immediately after the closure of the load. Put a calculation condition against the chart and everything was fine.

Thanks for the assistance everyone.

Rory.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Does your document contain any chart objects or table boxes?

Does the same happen if you create a new document using the same load script?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Your problem could be the total of rows in tables. When you open Qlikview, all objects are calculatet and data are accessed. When you have a fact table, it works fine, but in your case, you have multiple facts tables doing your issue.

I recomend the simple test:

- Reduce the total or rows in tables: product, city, cfrooms, headers;

- Put the maximum of data in rqrooms fact table;

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My guess is that you have inadvertently introduced a large synthetic key and are not seeing it because you have to crash the program. Try doing a limited load of 1 row and take a look at the data model.

-Rob

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

I believe Rob is correct. I didn't read the issue about machine crash.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
MarcoWedel

Are there any complex expressions involved in chart objects?

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I was being a numpty. Turns out it was a chart issue in my application that was causing the issue when it was refreshing immediately after the closure of the load. Put a calculation condition against the chart and everything was fine.

Thanks for the assistance everyone.

Rory.