Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export Data from Qlikview to Csv

Is there a simple script that can export a table from Qlikview to a csv file ?  I tried the following script, but it does not work.

Store T1_ActiveTerm4 into C:\Data_Allied\Qlikview Data.xls

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I also need to export in excel file as well.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

You cant use a STORE command to save it to excel but a work around you can see here:

How to store report in excel format like we can... | Qlik Community

Try like:

Store T1_ActiveTerm4 into C:\Data_Allied\Qlikview Data.xls (txt);  ----> Reference taken from the link above.

its_anandrjs

To store file as CSV try this

Store T1_ActiveTerm4 into C:\Data_Allied\Qlikview Data.csv(txt);

Not applicable
Author

I just ran your script, there is a file, but can't open it, error message says file in unexpected format compared to file extension.

its_anandrjs

Better you can store it in CSV format rather than xls

Store T1_ActiveTerm4 into C:\Data_Allied\Qlikview Data.csv(txt);

Regards

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Your script works for csv.  Thank you.  I still need to export as an excel file with multiple worksheets.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

You might have to use a macro in that link i have sent you.

toddbuss
Creator
Creator

If your table is small enough, this extension is handy way to put a "export to excel" button on your dashboard:

GitHub - stefanwalther/sense-export: Just a simple button to export data in your Qlik Sense applications.  https://github.com/stefanwalther/sense-export

Not applicable
Author

Exporting to csv script you provided is quite simple and effective.  I may need to settle for this now, since the link on how to export to excel seems very challenging.  Thanks Vishwarath.  If there is a simpler way to export to excel via script, let me know.