Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black_Hole
Creator II
Creator II

Expression and Load Statement

Hello all,

I would like to know if it's possible to call an expression (defined in a graph table) in a load statement (edit script) ?

And if it's not, please could tell me if it's possible to combine two expressions in a graph table.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

- If that is not complex, Yes we can create in script itself (Define the scenario)

- We can try as always, If it is not possible - Then we will think alternative. Please explain little more.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe what you are looking to do is write a 'function' in the Edit Module and then use that function in the Load Script...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2019/Subsystems/Automation/Content/QV_Automation...

Hopefully that may get you on the right track.  I believe it is necessary to enable things when running via Reload Engine/Publisher as well, just FYI, but I do not have that info off the top of my head, I believe we have an Article on it, so if you have access to the Articles, search there, and if you cannot find it, shout back and I can try to track things down.  It may be in the Help too, I did not read the above completely, but I think this is where you wanted to go with things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.