Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yzzy2bones
Contributor
Contributor

Expression based on a AutoNumber() does not calculate

Hi,

I needed to do a calculation that requires Quarters to be in a numeric form, so I used in script this formula in the master calendar:

num#(AutoNumber(QuarterName(TempDate))) as Qtr_Key

But when using the Qtr_Key in an expresion I get - .

This is the expresion that I needed Qtr_Key:

if(sum({<Qtr_Key{$(=(Max(Qtr_Key)))}>}(TotalREVENUE-TotalCOST))<0,1,0)+/*q2*/if(sum({<Qtr_Key={$(=(Max(Qtr_Key)-1))}>}(TotalREVENUE-TotalCOST))<0,1,0)

Basically, I am trying to calculate if the last 2 quarters have been unprofitable and if so, to add a count on how many of these 2 have been unprofitable.

Any help on why would I get - ? 

Thank you!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, first create a data table to confirm that Qtr_key is assigned as expected. And in a text box try =Max(Qtr_Key) to confirm that it returns the expected result.

If you use only sum({<Qtr_Key{$(=(Max(Qtr_Key)))}>}(TotalREVENUE)), it returns data? If this works maybe it's beacuse TotalREVENUE and TotalCOST are in different rows, so row by row there will be a null() in the substraction, and number-null()=null()... but in this case the 'if' should be going by the else.

You can use alt o convert nulls to zero: sum({<Qtr_Key{$(=(Max(Qtr_Key)))}>}(Alt(TotalREVENUE,0)-Alt(TotalCOST,0)))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

did you try to replace the num# to num 

it seems your field is set tot text this is why max function doesn't work 

rubenmarin

Hi, first create a data table to confirm that Qtr_key is assigned as expected. And in a text box try =Max(Qtr_Key) to confirm that it returns the expected result.

If you use only sum({<Qtr_Key{$(=(Max(Qtr_Key)))}>}(TotalREVENUE)), it returns data? If this works maybe it's beacuse TotalREVENUE and TotalCOST are in different rows, so row by row there will be a null() in the substraction, and number-null()=null()... but in this case the 'if' should be going by the else.

You can use alt o convert nulls to zero: sum({<Qtr_Key{$(=(Max(Qtr_Key)))}>}(Alt(TotalREVENUE,0)-Alt(TotalCOST,0)))

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You have two good responses on this thread, we would greatly appreciate if you would close out the thread if one or both of those threads helped you solve things by using the Accept as Solution button on the post(s) that helped.  This gives the poster credit for the help and lets other Community Members know what the issue was.  If you did something else, you can post that and use the button on it to mark that as the solution too.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.