cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrepucci15
Creator
Creator

Expression - correct or a bug?

The below "Wrong" expression in a Sheet properties conditional show field evaluated as "OK".

I contend it should not have been shown as "OK".  (Note the missing value that should have followed the > symbol)

Is this a bug or is it a valid expression?

If it is a valid expression, what value was used / would be used on the right side of the > symbol?

Wrong:=IF(Len(only({$< AD_ASLTabAccessUsers ={'$(=OSUser())'} >} AD_ASLTabAccessUsers)) > , 1, 0)

Right:=IF(Len(only({$< AD_ASLTabAccessUsers ={'$(=OSUser())'} >} AD_ASLTabAccessUsers)) > 0 ,1, 0)

This returns "error in expression", which I would expect.

=IF( 1 > , 0, 1)

John

QV v12.10 SR4

QV v11.20, SR9

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Here, the main problem is even excel also. If your condition is not running the correct syntax it won't work. For your case, If(1> ??, 0,1) -- I am not sure whether the condition on any other tool like QV. Qlikview don't have capable to understand what does the value after > they need to sort. Atleast '' should be there then qlik and other software has that power.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

But does the "Wrong" expression evaluate to anything ? i don't think it will

Most certainly a logical error when building the syntax check

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
jrepucci15
Creator
Creator
Author

Vineeth,

The expression acted like it had no effect. It let everyone see that tab.

I agree with you - I think that expression demonstrates a bug in the Qlikview syntax check.