Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marleygt
Creator
Creator

Expression for Hide Listbox in Complex Sintax and Scenario

Hi All.

Need to solve a complex (for me) request.

The point is to hide/show a listbox when selection in another listbox is made.

Here some important premises:

Listbox is

- already bonded to a variable for hide/show; (need to be shown only if specified filters is on, linked to a variable -1,0)

- contains some rules for being filled when true condition in other fields are settled; (it works only if father level is enhanced - and no data                                                                              are displayed if father level is selected but not contains any child info to be selected);

What I tryout (with no succes):

(in Listbox Properties, Layout tab, Show Condionatal field)  vVariable = 0 and FatherLevel1<>''        but is not working at all.

Then I've tryed more different expression even in different fields:

i.e

.=If( (GetActiveSheetId()='Document\SH01' or GetActiveSheetId()='Document\SH02' or GetActiveSheetId()='Document\SH03') and vVariable=0, if(FatherLevel<>null(),ChildLevel,null() ,ChildLevel)

But no way to let it work.

Scenario becomes more complex when I also need to change some data whom could generate a different situation;

For instance, FatherLevel contains different information and ChildLevel undergo to new totally different data.

This cannot allow me to set in the expression specified value to limit or to set an easy way to perform the hiding.

Any suggestion?

Thank you!

Alex

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Use this expression on layout tab:

=SubStringCount(Concat(DISTINCT Type, '|'), 'Iron') = 1

HTH

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure if I completely understand your question, do you have a sample document which you can share and may be within that document sharing the information what needs to hide/show based on what conditions?

marleygt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunindia,

you've right...was my intention to attach a sample, but I was a little bit busy.

I try to make something now and I post here.

See you later...

marleygt
Creator
Creator
Author

Here I am again.

Friday is always scary busy!

However, herewith the attachment with a very simpleton case compared to my project, but I think will be enough to understand the logical way to perform it better.

In the QVW you'll find some list boxes and a simple filter who is just to retrieve the real situation in my project.

So, there is a situation where I need to be on Filters to hide "Category" and "SubCategory".

The goal should be for instance, if I select something in "Type" Listbox, I want to hide "Category" and "SubCategory".

How you should proceed to make this kind of rule?

Thank you!

Alex

sunny_talwar

Check this out. Does this help? PFA

Best,

Sunny

marleygt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny T,

Well, yes it works correctly in this way. Thank you!

In the hurry to create a sample and to explain a similar situation within my project, I loose the view on the real focus point.

Here the tangle: what if need to show if I select "Iron"?  Or to be more clear, I would hide if I select "Ceramic" and "Glass" but NOT if I select "Iron".

Is possible to do that?

Alex

sunny_talwar

Use this expression on layout tab:

=SubStringCount(Concat(DISTINCT Type, '|'), 'Iron') = 1

HTH

Best,

Sunny

marleygt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunindia!

Sorry for late answer.

Well, thank you very much! The expression is working fine!

Is possible that in the next near future I will need to set some new input who could make this a little bit more complex...but for the moment it's ok!!

Alex

Ps: sunindia, Could you please have a look here and give me your suggestion?