Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

ganeshreddy
Contributor III

Expression help !!!

Hi All,

The following expression is not working.

if(CId_Count>1,concat(distinct ServiceType,',')&'Multiple',concat(distinct ServiceType,',')) as Service_String

can any one help.

Cheers,

Ganesh

11 Replies
mwoolf
Honored Contributor II

Re: Expression help !!!

Can you say more than "not working"? Is Service_String empty? Are you getting an error? Can you attach a sample qvw?

ganeshreddy
Contributor III

Hi mike,

It says Invalid expression, when i am using the following expression it is working fine, but if i try to add if condition to add string called 'Multiple' it is not working.

concat(distinct ServiceType,',') as Service_String (Working Fine)

if(CId_Count>1,concat(distinct ServiceType,',')&'Multiple',concat(distinct ServiceType,',')) as Service_String    (NotWorking)

Cheers,

Ganesh

mwoolf
Honored Contributor II

Do you have a field named CId_Count? Notice that the second letter is a capital I not an L

mike woolf‌ How did you figure that out that it is not l but I? hahahaha looks the same to me

ganeshreddy
Contributor III

Thanks for the replay Mike, It is not a problem with 'CId_Count' name is correct and i got that field in table. Can you tell me, here can i add string (Multiple) like that or is there any other ways to do that ?

Cheers,

Ganesh

mwoolf
Honored Contributor II

I don't think there is a problem with: concat(distinct ServiceType,',')&'Multiple'

Try it in a textbox.

krishna_2644
Valued Contributor III

Try this.

if(CId_Count>1,concat({1<ServiceType=P(ServiceType)>}distinct  ' ,Multiple, ' & ServiceType) ,concat(distinct ServiceType,',')) as Service_String.

This gives you result like below screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Krishna

ganeshreddy
Contributor III

Hi Krishna,

we can not use set analysis in Script. have you got any other options to archive this.

Thanks,

Ganesh

krishna_2644
Valued Contributor III

Try this:

if(CId_Count>1,ServiceType & ' ,Multiple', ServiceType & ',')  as Service_String.

it gives you same result.

1.PNG

Community Browser