Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extra Rank

Hi,

I'd like to add a new rank by the existing data in the script so I can select that data into a Pivot table.

See attacht MS Excel example.

The existing rank contains the data (random and 300 rows): bike, motor, plane, train, walk, run.

The new rank has to be: everything except walk and run must change to transport, walk still be remains the same (walk) and run still be remains the same (run).

I think the best solutions is to make a new rang into the script but maybe there is a better solution.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi

If I understand you correctly, I would recommend that you create a new field to accommodate this data.  Therefore;

Load

[Mode of Transport],

If(Match([Mode of Transport], 'Run', 'Walk',)>0, [Mode of Transport], 'Transport') as [Sum. Mode of Transport],

etc....

From ......

This will give you the flexibility to have either field displayed (or indeed both) and it will not require processing on the front end.

It would be useful to create a Cyclical Group of these two fields, so a user can quickly change between the two should they require a breakdown.

I hope this helps, let me know if I've missed anything.

All the best

Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

If I understand you correctly, I would recommend that you create a new field to accommodate this data.  Therefore;

Load

[Mode of Transport],

If(Match([Mode of Transport], 'Run', 'Walk',)>0, [Mode of Transport], 'Transport') as [Sum. Mode of Transport],

etc....

From ......

This will give you the flexibility to have either field displayed (or indeed both) and it will not require processing on the front end.

It would be useful to create a Cyclical Group of these two fields, so a user can quickly change between the two should they require a breakdown.

I hope this helps, let me know if I've missed anything.

All the best

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Steve.