Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Extracting CLOB fields from Oracle E-Business Suite is very slow

Currently I have an extract from a custom view that returns 129K rows (~5MB).  One of the fields in the view is in a data type of CLOB.  When I include the CLOB field the extract takes just under 3 hours.  If I remove the CLOB field from the extract it finishes in ~2 minutes.  For what it's worth I am using the OLE DB driver against an Oracle 11.2.0.3 database and the R12.2.3 release of EBS.  I searched for CLOB/Oracle EBS in the community discussions and only saw 1 other response where a user was having the same issue.  His solution was to remove the CLOB field which is a required field for the project I am working on.  Is this something anyone else has seen?  Is it a limitation of QlikView or the OLE DB driver?

Thanks

Jason

2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Extracting CLOB fields from Oracle E-Business Suite is very slow

Hey Jason,

I having a similar issue with my Oracle servers as well.  Let me no if you find an answer i greatly appreciate!

In love,

-H

mikibh
New Contributor

Re: Extracting CLOB fields from Oracle E-Business Suite is very slow

if you can live with just the first 4000 characters from your CLOB try to_char(substr(FIELD_NAME, 0,3999)) as FIELD_NAME

This will speed things up unfortunately you will lose any thing after the 3999 characters. you can also concatenate the next 4000  if you like to_char(substr(FIELD_NAME, 4000,3999)) as FIELD_NAME

Good luck