Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

malbordio
New Contributor III

Field not found error while loading a excel file into qlikview

I'm not being able to load a excel file into qlikview because of the following error:

Field not found - <Unavailability Start Date>

LOAD Número as CHG_Numero,

Aberto as CHG_Aberto,

[Id de Utilizador] as CHG_IdUtilizador,

[Solicitado por] as CHG_PedidoPor,

Nome as CHG_Nome,

Estado as CHG_Estado,

[Data de Início Planeada] as CHG_DataInicioPlaneada,

[Data de Início Real] as CHG_DataInicioReal,

Fase as CHG_Fase,

[Última Acção] as CHG_UltimaAcao,

[Grupo de Atribuição] as CHG_GrupoAtribuicao,

[Atribuídos a] as CHG_AtribuidoA,

Assunto as CHG_Assunto,

[Horas reales] as CHG_HorasReais,

Tipo as CHG_Tipo,

[Data de Fim Planeada] as CHG_DataFimPlaneada,

[Finalização de trabalho] as CHG_FinalizacaoTrabalho,

[Notas de indisponibilidade] as CHG_NotasIndisponibilidade,

[Unavailability Start Date] as CHG_InicioIndisponibilidade,

[Unavailability End Date] as CHG_FimIndisponibilidade

FROM

(biff, embedded labels, table is [Page 1$])

If I load all the fields, like

LOAD *

FROM

(biff, embedded labels, table is [Page 1$])

it loads all fields except field Unavailability Start Date, but I get no errors.

The field exists in excel, of course, but its the only field I get this error. The excel file is the one attached.

Can you please help me? Thanks.

5 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: Field not found error while loading a excel file into qlikview

Your script works at my site.

Could you post your complete script / document log?

malbordio
New Contributor III

Re: Field not found error while loading a excel file into qlikview

I think I found what the problem was. It's not the script, its the size of the excel file loaded. I've removed one unnecessary column and it loaded the field I wanted. That excel file I attached was a sample. The original has almost 100 lines and columns that goes up to T letter. Is that a limitation? I've just removed one column (from U back to T) and it worked.

trdandamudi
Honored Contributor

Re: Field not found error while loading a excel file into qlikview

Please see the attached .qvw for the solution. If you have personal edition then the script code is as below:

LOAD Número as CHG_Numero,

Aberto as CHG_Aberto,

[Id de Utilizador] as CHG_IdUtilizador,

[Solicitado por] as CHG_PedidoPor,

Nome as CHG_Nome,

Estado as CHG_Estado,

[Data de Início Planeada] as CHG_DataInicioPlaneada,

[Data de Início Real] as CHG_DataInicioReal,

Fase as CHG_Fase,

[Última Acção] as CHG_UltimaAcao,

[Grupo de Atribuição] as CHG_GrupoAtribuicao,

[Atribuídos a] as CHG_AtribuidoA,

Assunto as CHG_Assunto,

[Horas reales] as CHG_HorasReais,

Tipo as CHG_Tipo,

[Data de Fim Planeada] as CHG_DataFimPlaneada,

[Finalização de trabalho] as CHG_FinalizacaoTrabalho,

[Notas de indisponibilidade] as CHG_NotasIndisponibilidade,

[Unavailability Start Date] as CHG_InicioIndisponibilidade,

[Unavailability End Date] as CHG_FimIndisponibilidade

FROM

' <--- Please change the path of the file accordingly

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Page 1]);

Hope this helps..

engishfaque
Valued Contributor III

Re: Field not found error while loading a excel file into qlikview

Dear Goncalo,

There is no limitation in QlikView for data loading.

Double check your excel file and load script.

Kind regards,

Ishfaque Ahmed

MVP
MVP

Re: Field not found error while loading a excel file into qlikview

I also think there is no such limit (loading approx. 20 columns).

I've just added another 3 columns to your excel file and reloaded without any issues.

Community Browser