cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstsortedvalue (Grand Total) issue

Hi Guys,

How do I sum the resultant of this expression to display in a textbox?

=FirstSortedValue(Aggr(Sum(FIELDNAME1),FIELDNAME2), -FIELDNAME2).

Thanks

27 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Its just a regular text object.

It displays when a reference number is select but I prefer show the total at a glance without a selection

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes, it doesn't work like this. However, it is also true that you can use TOTAL qualifier for nested aggregation, like said here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Client/Content/ChartFunctions/NestedAggregation...

Therefore, nesting of aggregation functions can be done using aggr() and total qualifier but in certain scenarios (I am not sure how to generalize this for better distinction). 

sunny_talwar

So you want sum by Reference Number, right? May be this

=Sum(Aggr(FirstSortedValue(Aggr(Sum(FIELDNAME1),FIELDNAME2), -FIELDNAME2), [Reference Number]))

or

=Sum(Aggr(FirstSortedValue(Aggr(Sum(FIELDNAME1), FIELDNAME2, [Reference Number]), -Aggr(FIELDNAME2, FIELDNAME2, [Reference Number])), [Reference Number]))

sunny_talwar

It seems that if it is done in the inner aggregation, it works

Capture.PNG

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes, that is what I missed. This makes sense now and I get a generalization. Thanks Sunny.

sunny_talwar

No, thank you for taking time to refer the help text.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Essentially Fieldname2 is an endorsement count on the number of times the records gets modified.

So my requirement is to only pick the max count and sum its corresponding amount to display i.e.only the third record with ;3  with reference to the example before.

PA0001;1

PA0001;2

PA0001;3

NB: Reference numbers with only one endorsement count just gets added straight forward.

sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum(Aggr(Max(FieldName2), Fieldname1))

or

Sum(Aggr(Max(FieldName1), Fieldname2))

Not sure which one is FieldName1 and which one is FieldName2...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

FieldName1 = Amount

FieldName2 = Endorsement Count

sunny_talwar

What is PA0001 then?