Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Flag for next 12 months

Hi,

We have a forecast file containing weekly periods with a start and finish date.

The file contains historical data and future period data.

What I am trying to do is to set different flags on this file during load.

I would like to put a flag for Last month, next month and next 12 months but not sure how to do it as I have a start and finish interval per week.

Hope someone can help me on this.

See attached excel file for better description of the data model.

Best regards,

Freddy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ok, try

LOAD *,

(PeriodFinishDate < Today() and PeriodFinishDate >= addmonths(Today(),-1)) as FlagPrevMonth,

(PeriodFinishDate > Today() and PeriodFinishDate <= addmonths(Today(),1)) as FlagNextMonth,

(PeriodFinishDate > Today() and PeriodFinishDate <= addmonths(Today(),12)) as FlagNextYear    

FROM ...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm not quite sure what you're after. But investigate the InMonth and InYear functions in the help file.

Perhaps you want something like:

LOAD *,

InMonth(PeriodFinishDate,today(),-1) as FlagPrevMonth

InMonth(PeriodFinishDate,today(),1) as FlagNextMonth

InYear(PeriodFinishDate,today(),1) as FlagNext12Months

FROM ...excel_file...;

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks a lot for your input. It is close. But as you can see in my attached file the next 12 months is really starting from next year. I would like to sum the forecast for next 12 months (or 52 weeks) from the weekly period starting after this weekly period.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ok, try

LOAD *,

(PeriodFinishDate < Today() and PeriodFinishDate >= addmonths(Today(),-1)) as FlagPrevMonth,

(PeriodFinishDate > Today() and PeriodFinishDate <= addmonths(Today(),1)) as FlagNextMonth,

(PeriodFinishDate > Today() and PeriodFinishDate <= addmonths(Today(),12)) as FlagNextYear    

FROM ...

Not applicable
Author

Nice! This does the job.

Thank you so much for fast and accurate advise!

Freddy