Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

rido1421
Not applicable

Forecast Dates Vs Actual Dates

Hi There

I have an issue in my data.

My actual Data is coming from the Db and my forecast Data is coming from excel spreadsheets

The problem I am having is that the date that I am using to view the forecasts is limited to the date of the actuals.

I need to see future dates for the forecasts.

I have concatenated my forecast table into my actual table but I have had to remap the dates to create fiscal months

all this is making the structure quite messy, is there a way I can tell the chart for the forecasts to look at the dates of the forecast field-[Fiscal YM] but Display it in a format of another field [Calendar Fiscal YM]

I hope this makes sense...

Thanks

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar
Not applicable

Re: Forecast Dates Vs Actual Dates

You can change the format of date values with the date() function: date([MyDate],'MM/DD/YYYY'). You can use the date() function in the script, but also in chart expressions and calculated dimensions. In most chart objects you can also change the number format of a expression column on the Numbers tab of the objects properties window.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
buzzy996
Not applicable

Re: Forecast Dates Vs Actual Dates

hopes, if u have some key field in excel data  to link with ur actual data base data,that helps simply!

then u can play with  ur forecast values vs actual values through expressions in chart/table level.