Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Formula Help

I am going to try my best to articulate what it is I am struggling with. I have a straight table that shows credits and non credits what I am trying to do is create a formula that would add up the credits for a total $ as well as the same for non credits and then present a third dimension as a percentage of the two.

For example: % of total credits compared to total sales $ "Basically credits as a percentage of total sales." The problem is that the both the credits and sales are in the same table field. I have been racking my brain on this one and I am sure it is something simple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

It's a little hard without example data to work with, but guessing you need something like this: sum({<Amount={">0"}>} Sales)/sum(Sales)

Or if you have an indicator that something is a "credit" then sum({<Credit={'Y'}>} Sales)/sum(Sales)

Vlad

View solution in original post

10 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

It's a little hard without example data to work with, but guessing you need something like this: sum({<Amount={">0"}>} Sales)/sum(Sales)

Or if you have an indicator that something is a "credit" then sum({<Credit={'Y'}>} Sales)/sum(Sales)

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Thanks I will give it a shot and let you know how it works out.

Not applicable
Author

No luck but thanks anyways Vlad.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Robert,

Can you share a sample data or screenshot, it will make easy for us to understand.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Not applicable
Author

What I need to do is create three additional expressions, one that shows the total sales excluding the credits, another showing the credits only, and a third that calculates the percentage between the two.

Essentially what I need to know is the % of credits compared to total sales across multiple dimensions.,

Not applicable
Author

9-25-2014 2-39-32 PM.gif

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I tried attaching the picture in the first reply.

Not applicable
Author

What I have is a single dataset showing both positive and negative numbers, what I am trying to accomplish is the creation of two expressions. One showing all of the positive numbers and the second showing the negative numbers. I have been playing with the syntax but can’t seem to get it right.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

If you have the 2 "credit reason" columns in your chart, then you'd need to aggregate away from these columns in order to be able to present a single view of credits and non-credits per customer/item. You would accomplish that by using the "total" keyword in your sum. Not exactly sure which expression you had in mind, but try something like this:

Positives: sum({<Sales={">0"}>} total <[Customer Name],[Item Number]> Sales)

Negatives: sum({<Sales={"<0"}>} total <[Customer Name],[Item Number]> Sales)

Replace "Sales" with the number field you used to create "Product_Only $"

Alternatively, if you don't have the "credit reason" columns, you can get rid of "total <[Customer Name],[Item Number]"

Regards,

Vlad