Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Function to get a Object ID

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to qilkview and I am trying to create a variable that uses a chart object ID so that I can use the variable later. Is there a qlikview function I can use to get the object ID for my variable without having to create a macro ?

Thanks for any help you can give

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

There is no direct function in Qlikview, I am not sure why you can't directly assign ID to a variable, since IDs won't change.

The only other way is Macro, but macro has lot of disadvantages it won't work in Ajax mode.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

rem ** get unique object ID for first object on sheet Main **

set s = ActiveDocument.Sheets("Main")

set so = s.SheetObjects(0)

id = so.GetObjectId

msgbox("ID = " & id)

avinashelite

As per my knowledge we don't have any Qlikview function to get the object ID ...you need use the Macro

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

There is no direct function in Qlikview, I am not sure why you can't directly assign ID to a variable, since IDs won't change.

The only other way is Macro, but macro has lot of disadvantages it won't work in Ajax mode.

Regards,

Jagan.

marcus_sommer

What do you want to do with these variable?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your input guys. @ Marcus Sommer, I wanted to use the variable in a show condition for a report in report designer.

marcus_sommer

I think you could achieve this with variables and/or selections without including the object-id in anyway.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus, I found a work around without using the variable and qlikview does not seem have a function that can use an object ID YET