Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Gauge Chart - AVG

Hi,

I have a excel file where you finde date and value. Normaly from 0 until 9.

I set the gauge chart values for green and red that green starts at 8.4.

Now i would like to get the average from the values. If i click just one it shows the correct value in the chart but if i mark 2 or more values then he just shows me the lowest value.

Gauge Chart: I have Dimensions: Value and at Expressions: Avg(Value)

Another question is if i have 3x 8.0 and 1x 9.0 is it like (8+8+8+9)/4 or is it (8+9)/2 ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When you click 8 and 9, your chart might appear to show the lowest value (8) instead of the Avg (8.5) because of rounding. Check what is on the Number properties, or try adding your expression to a text object so you can check the output.

Your gauge chart should not have any dimensions and should have one expression.

As for how avg() works:

1. Avg() will add the values and divide by the number of values, so (8+8+8+9)/4.

2. If you want (8+9)/2 you would have to do a sum(distinct Value)/count(distinct Value)

Jonathan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When you click 8 and 9, your chart might appear to show the lowest value (8) instead of the Avg (8.5) because of rounding. Check what is on the Number properties, or try adding your expression to a text object so you can check the output.

Your gauge chart should not have any dimensions and should have one expression.

As for how avg() works:

1. Avg() will add the values and divide by the number of values, so (8+8+8+9)/4.

2. If you want (8+9)/2 you would have to do a sum(distinct Value)/count(distinct Value)

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

After deleting the dimensions it workes.

Thanks for the information

Thanks also for the sample with the avg.