Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

General Script Error during STORE, but no locks on the QVD file

I am getting a "General Script Error" when executing a STORE command.  There are several questions about this on the community already, but they all seem to say that some other process must be locking the file or the directory does not exist.

I have checked with the native "Resource Monitor" app for windows and also the sysinternals Process Explorer and nothing seems to have an open handle on the QVD file I am trying to store.  We also disabled anti-virus thinking that might be causing a problem.  This is not the first file that is stored, so I know the directory exists and permissions seem to be ok since several other QVD files in that directory save successfully.  What else could be causing the problem?  The script fails on the same STORE command every time.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

14 Replies
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Did you able resolve the issue?

Not applicable
Author

In most cases in my script, I would STORE and DROP the table as soon as I was done creating it.  In the table that was failing, I was not doing the STORE and DROP right away because I used the table for a LEFT JOIN later.  I was able to fix this error by running the STORE command as soon as I was done creating the table and still DROPing the table after my LEFT JOINs.  I'm not exactly sure why this fixes the problem, but it seems to be working consistently now.  Thank you everyone for your replies.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have seen this and it seems to me as if there needs to be a pause after the STORE, is use a Sleep(5000) to give 5 secong pause.  Your Left Join could give it the pause it needs.

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Eric,

I know you are sure that you have no open handles to the file in question but have you tried to delete the qvd file (after backing up of course)?

I had a similar problem. A file called Clerks.qvd was read in and later the modifed table was STORED with the same filename and location and the script failed.

I went through these steps:

LOADED from Clerks.qvd , STORED into Clerks1.qvd. OK

LOADED from Clerks.qvd , STORED into Clerks1.qvd (same as before). OK, file overwritten

LOADED from Clerks1.qvd , STORED into Clerks1.qvd. OK, so script was OK, this was a surprise.

I changed 'Clerks1' back to 'Clerks' in the script and it was when I tried to replace the file 'Clerks.qvd' with 'Clerks1.qvd' that Windows informed me that the file was in use. After closing QV Windows allowed me to delete and replace the file and the script runs OK.

Not applicable
Author

Andrew,

Thank you for your response.  Yes, we tried deleting all QVD files and it still fails at the same place.  I even tried to store the files to a different directory to see if a different path would fix the problem, but again, it still fails at the same place 😕