cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get Intermediate records

Hi,

I have start date and end date as date fields; I took quarters, years from start date as filters; I need to show records that are not only started in that quarter but also started before and in process records in that Quarter,

for Example,

Selected  Q1, 2012;

Startdate: 05/06/2011

Enddate: 02/01/2013

I need to show the above record too.. How can i do it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You need to generate all dates in the range in the master calendar. Download a copy of the Qlikview Cookbbok from Downloads - Rob Wunderlich Qlikview Consulting. Unzip it, open Cookbook.qvw and look at the example named "Count days in a transaction using IntervalMatch".

-Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hopefully your quarter values are in a Master Calendar table along with dates. If so, use IntervalMatch to link your records to the Calendar, and therefore the Quarter(s).

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I created quarters, months from start date of date field...

I looked at IntervalMatch concept,It looks like Date field matching to interval between start date and end date...

How can I bring that Date field? is it 3rd Date column from table or Can I use dates,quarteres, months created  by start date?

-Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have scenario like this , i have two dates to deal with start date and end date ;now i used initiated start dates for creating master calender...so i am only seeing records corresponding to initiated start date selecting(2013,q2);

Capture.PNG.png

how can i show those records which are already started in previous and still active in this 2013 q2..

for example; Start date - 4/1/2011 and End date-9/20/2013; i need to show this record also in 2013, q2 selection..

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You need to generate all dates in the range in the master calendar. Download a copy of the Qlikview Cookbbok from Downloads - Rob Wunderlich Qlikview Consulting. Unzip it, open Cookbook.qvw and look at the example named "Count days in a transaction using IntervalMatch".

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Rob!!   It worked...