Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Getting new data on a dashboard.

I've designed a dashboard but the database is closed, all tables moved to new databse, now i want to update my dashboards and getting data everyday. how to deal with all the transformations I've done if I've to get reload new data from the source.

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If the tables have only moved to a new database, but still have the same names and contain the same fields then all you need to do is change the connection to the database. If the names of the tables have changed then you need to make these changes in the script too. If the names of the fields changed then those need to be checked in the script too. If the new database has a completely different data model then you need to make a lot more changes in your script. Unless you can get a friendly database administrator to create views for you in the database that you can use to retrieve the data using your current sql statements.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert for your spontaneous response. I renamed some fields and aggregated others. The new database do not have those news fields, whenever I am trying to load  it not recognizing them : so when you said if the fields have changed you need them checked, what do you mean? can be a little bit explicit. because that the answer I need.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The new database do not have those news fields, whenever I am trying to load  it not recognizing them :

I hope you're not telling me you expect Qlikview to retrieve fields from a database that doesn't contain those fields.

Qlikview does not know anything about databases and that your organisation decided to move data from one source to a different or changed source. If you move data around to other databases and/or other tables and/or other fields then you must change the script in your qlikview document so that Qlikview can get the data from the changed data source. That's as explicit as I can get. I have no information whatsoever about the databases in your organisation.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand